Duration: 30 hrs
No prerequisites are required for this course.
When things are extremely busy at work and you have your hands full with many tasks and dealing with difficult people, having skills you can draw on are essential for peace of mind and growth. This course will help participants understand the causes and costs of workplace pressure, the benefits of creating balance, and how to identify pressure points. They will also learn how to apply emotional intelligence, increase optimism and resilience, and develop strategies for getting ahead.
- Apply a direct understanding of pressure points and their costs and payoffs
- Speak in terms related to emotional intelligence, optimism, and resilience
- Create a personalized toolkit for managing stressors and anger
- Work on priorities and achieve defined goals
- Course Overview
- Under Pressure!
- Causes and Costs of Workplace Pressure
- Benefits of Creating Balance
- Pre-Assignment Review
- Getting to the Heart of the Matter
- Identifying Your Pressure Points
- Creating an Action Plan
- Facing Problems Head On
- Seeking Help
- Emotional Intelligence
- The Seven Human Emotions
- The Emotional Map
- Validating Emotions in Others
- What is Optimism?
- Coping Toolkit
- Building the Stress Management Kit
- Managing Anger
- Expressing Yourself
- Getting Organized
- Working on Priorities
- Doing It!
- Personal Action Plan
- Recommended Reading List
- Post-Course Assessment