No prerequisites are required for this course.
A great presenter has two notable qualities: appropriate skills and personal confidence. Confidence comes from knowing what you want to say and being comfortable with your communication skills. In this course, you will master the skills that will make you a better speaker and presenter.
- Establish rapport with your audience
- Learn techniques to reduce nervousness and fear
- Understand your strengths as a presenter and how to appeal to different types of people
- Recognize how visual aids can create impact and attention
- Develop techniques to create a professional presence
- Learn some different ways to prepare and organize information
- Prepare, practice, and deliver a short presentation
- Course Overview
- Stop! Check Your Mouth!
- Speaking Characteristics
- Five Good Rules
- What’s Your Type? How About Mine?
- The Assessment
- What Does it Mean To Have a Number?
- Positive Self-Talk
- Our Thoughts
- Thinking Positive
- Maximizing Meetings
- Four Areas of Opportunity
- Fifteen Ways to Master a Meeting
- Learning Names
- Body Language
- Sticky Situations
- I Can Just Send an E-mail, Right?
- Advantages of an Oral Presentation
- Oratory Exercise
- Overcoming Nervousness
- About Nervousness
- Mastering Nonverbal Communication
- The Five S’s
- Five Points for Any Presentation
- Preparing with the Five-S Pattern
- Start Writing!
- Following the Opening Statement
- Transitioning to the Body
- Think Fast!
- Audience Profile
- Your Speaking Voice
- Parts of Your Message
- Vocal Variety
- Mastering Your Material
- Add Punch to Your Presentation
- Your Presentation
- Personal Action Plan
- Recommended Reading List
- Post-Course Assessment